COVID-19 Social Distancing Procedures
to the ongoing pandemic situation, I will no longer be allowing clients
to enter the salon. Please read the following procedures for dropping
off and picking up your pet:
your dog into the gated area outside the salon door and lock the gate
behind you. Large dogs that may be able to climb or jump out may be
tethered using the provided loop.
all collars, leashes, harnesses, and clothing from your dog. You may
leave them in the basket in my driveway if you don't want to forget them
on your return.
- I will discuss the groom with you and any concerns, wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.
- Leave the area, locking the gate behind you
During the Groom
- Once you have left I will bring the dog inside and directly to the tub.
groom will be completed as usual, though keep in mind each groom may
take longer than usual since I will not be able to trim any hair before
the bath, which results in longer drying times, and there may be mats
since many dogs will be overdue for a groom.
I am finished I will call or text you and let you know you can pick up
your dog and how much is owing. If there are any areas of concern that
were found during the groom I will inform you. At this time I will book
your next appointment.
- Your dog will be placed in the gated area outside to await pickup.
your dog's collar and leash. They may stay loose in the gated area
while you are paying but please don't let them loose in the rest of the
your payment by using the pinpad for credit / debit (disinfected
between each use), etransfer to email@example.com, or pay as usual with cash or cheque.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the groom please call or text me before leaving.
Other Policy Changes
will not be offering any drop-in services without an appointment (as
usual). Because of the extra time it takes to clean and disinfect
between clients and to avoid multiple clients in the same area I will
have staggered appointment times and will not be able to accommodate
quick appointments between regular grooming appointments without
adequate time between appointments.
- Keep your dog in a shorter haircut than usual so you can go longer between grooms.
- Walk your dog on hard surfaces daily to help wear down nails naturally.
- Learn how to trim your dog's face and bum area yourself to increase the time between grooms.
- Set up an etransfer payment ahead of time so you can grab your dog and go without waiting.